Hello, fellow Fandom members, I own a YouTube channel (as called Woybff). A review of Blueprint For Disaster. So far, the video has low views. I would like you guys to please watch my video. Note, I explain what Get Fuzzy and book collections are unfamilar for some views. I would greatly appericate it since I wish to make more reviews of comic strips on my channel. Thank you for reading this and have a nice day.
Review:Blueprint For Disaster
It's awesome to see that you guys have created such an awesome wiki from the ground up! Just wanted to say congratulations, it is cool to see everybody's creativity and hard work.
I'm back! Ok, I haven't really "left" per se, but haven't really done much inY too many months. Well, now I plan to change that, with a gameplan to improve the overall status of the wiki, starting with a major overhaul via the addition of a couple of much needed features:
Yes. This is long overdue. From now on, all inormation on the wiki must be properly cited, to ensure complete accuracy.
If possible, cite the comic strip the information came from using Template:StripRef like so:
- Bucky Katt likes to throw rocks at birds.
Another much needed addition. These articles will provide timelines of important events in Get Fuzzy history, both in- and out-of-universe. See 1999 (production) for an example and template.
I will try to be much more active fro…
We need to complete our incomplete book pages. In order to be viewed as complete, I want the following improvements made:
- Include the actual back cover summaries.
- Complete list of storylines, as seen in the page for Groovitude.
- Clean up the template for the list of storylines so there is clearer separation between each storyline. Preferably by making it an actual table.
- Include an infobox with a cover image.
Thank you and happy editing! ----Commander Awesome (AKA TheCrazyWeirdo) (Talk - Contribs) 02:23, February 13, 2015 (UTC)
2014 has been a great year of growth for this wiki, with new community members and many new pages. And hopefully 2015 will be even better. Thank you and Happy Holidays to VarietyPlus, Mewtwoclone, 75 (Is it all right if I call you that?), Naoh and everyone else who made this possible.
I have made a list of things the admins and regular contributers alike can do to help this wiki be more presentable.
- Make pages for all Collections and Treasuries.
- Add more information to currently empty pages.
- Add correctly cropped, presentable images to the badge tracks.
- Protect pages that may be subject to vandalism.
- Keep users in check (block for breaking the rules)
- Continue editing the main page so it is constantly up-to-date.
Any more suggestions to help optimize this Wiki? Suggest it in the comments!
What will the new Get Fuzzy book be called? How many pages are gonna be in it? Because it's rumored the last strip for the book will be in 2014.
Admin VarietyPlus here, and I am announcing an effort I have dubbed Operation Overhaul. Vague list of plans for this massive project:
- A policies page for users to know how to act and what edits can be deemed constructive.
- Getting the Wikia more known/popular for more users and a larger gathering of Get Fuzzy fans.
- Suggestions for new users, which should be tied into the policies page. (For example, you should create an account to be identified better, etc.)
- Give all badge tracks image,
Help me add more to this list. We really need to get into shape. I suggest we create a facebook/twitter page for Get Fuzzy Wikia.
Goodnight! (at least in my time zone)
I disabled the article comments because I prefer the classic talk pages. What do you guys think?
Added basic forums. They all have genaric names right now, any ideas?
Okay, two questions:
- Should we create a Get Fuzzy Fanon Wiki?
- Is there enough fanfic for one to be wanted?
I don't think there should be fanon directly on this site.
As I have previously stated, i'm not entirely sure what has changed with the new "fluid" layout. do you guys see any changes?
I have a few ideas i'd like to run off you guys:
- Adding quotes to articles.
- Adding links to the strip that the article first appeared in, of just including the strip itself.
- For articles on books, adding a list of storylines included, with page numbers.
- Creating maintenance banner templates.
- Creating lists of minor, one-strip characters like we did with the dog conference (one for each species).
Thecrazyweirdo and I have been discussing some stuffs about an animated Get Fuzzy series! Here is our cast so far:
Buckyfan99 as Bucky Katt
Thecrazyweirdo as Satchel Pooch
Thecrazyweirdo as Rob Wilco
Buckyfan99 as Mac Manc McManx
More options coming soon!
I had first came here on May 9, 2012, the wiki wasn't much, only a few pages. So I then began to edit regularly, adding many pages, eventually becoming an admin in early 2013. Then i decided to take a break for a few months, only monitoring the contributions of some IP editors and the occasional registered user. In September of that same year the user Buckyfan99 quickly became a regular editor here, I promoted him to admin per his request, I was glad to now have a helping hand. Together we did a major overhaul of the site. Noah, the wiki's founder, had noticed our work, and now he has begun editing here again.
I had known about this wiki for about a year, but didn't actually edit until September 13. Even then, it was pretty bland. There was close to NO activity, the theme was just white and blue, and looked like it was slapped together in a few minutes. (No offense!)
After a few edits and hiatus, I asked for Admin from Thecrazyweirdo. He gave it to me. And since then, the wiki has been awesome. When I first created Badges, I saw a user named "Naoh" in the leaderboard. I was like who da heck is he? O visited the profile and saw that he had been the founder. I was shocked he hadn't edited since the founding. Now that he is editing, we have a helping hand around here! :D
Wow, I created this place five years ago, established four pages, and you people have turned it into something nice. Anyways, I completely forgot about here for most of that time. However, recently I've been receiving a bunch of emails that there have been edits. I gave the site a new template, I hope you enjoy.
I have noticed some pages around here that are stubs, or have bad grammar and no pictures. Of course I can fix the grammar, but I have not read "The Birth of Canis" or any of the extremely recent strips, so I don't have much info on them. Additonally, we need a few of these:
Book & Item templates
Should we do something for the holidays? Yes. No.
I have decided to start a poll every month to get people's opinions on impovemets on the wiki, this month's subject is talk pages.
What should talk pages be for? Discussing how the article should be changed. Discussing the subject of the article. Both.